Société Générale Expressbank
Société Générale Expressbank (SGE), one of Bulgaria’s leading banks in the consumer finance market, as interested in expanding its small and medium enterprise (SME) loan portfolio. To this end SGE introduced tailored SME products, restructured its dedicated SME department, and concentrated efforts on attracting its target group of comparatively large SME customers with transparent financials. DAI was contracted by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development to assist SGE in this transition period by reviewing and suggesting improvements to: SME lending process flow and methodology; risk management practice, including credit scoring; and SME loan product offerings.
- Assess training needs.
- Assess SME products and suggest changes or new products.
- Provide credit analysis and sales training to loan officers and throughout branch network.
- Train the trainers and mentor/coach all bank staff.
- Develop a credit scoring methodology for each product.
- Streamline and simplify loan applications and approval processes.
- Designed and developed a web-based automated loan processing system with an integral Credit Scoring Module.
- Training newly hired and existing loan officers, middle officers, heads of corporate customers, and branch managers.
Client: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development