Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
Clean Energy and Energy Efficiency – Delivering modern energy services more widely, reliably, and securely. Worldwide, 2.4 billion people still rely on traditional biomass for cooking and heating, and 1.6 billion people lack electricity. But energy is critical to sustainable livelihoods and economic development. We support countries around the world in designing policies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and fossil fuel consumption by promoting investments in clean and renewable energy and energy efficiency, without compromising economic development.
DAI also recognizes that developing countries’ growth—often fueled by the conversion of forests for agriculture expansion and the exploitation of forests for needed foreign exchange—can confound adaptation and contribute to climate change. We strive to end the conflict between advancing development and mitigating climate change through our diverse portfolio of climate change and economic growth services. To support clients’ efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and encourage low-emission development approaches, our specialists work with national and local governments, communities, and private companies to:
- Assess mitigation and adaptation options.
- Craft plans and undertake actions to improve the management of forests, water, and coastal resources.
- Develop clean energy resources and improve energy efficiency.
- Establish greenhouse gas accounting and monitoring systems.
- Capitalize on carbon markets to create economic incentives based on sound resource management.